If I don't have an early morning medical appointment, I will wake up at 5am. Go for an early morning shower and follow by taking my "Advagraf" at 6am. It is an anti-rejection drug that I have to take for the rest of my life after my liver transplant. Sue used to manage my daily medications when I was languishing in this world and in my life. Now, I am able to manage my medications without having to wake her up early in the morning.
I will have my breakfast one hour after my 6am medications. Sue still manages my 3 meals. Because of my low immunity, I am not allowed to eat food from outside my home for fear of contamination and high sodium & salt content. Contamination in the sense that the food is exposed to outside environment or not well cooked. And that my daily sodium intake must be maintained at 1000mg daily. There were occasions in the past when my sodium intake was a little too high. And I ended up in hospital.
After my breakfast, I have to follow up with more medications. Atovaquone oral suspension, an immuno suppressant to prevent the frequent inflammation of my body; steroid for hormone therapy and Vitamin D for anti-inflamation.
Initially, I spent my wake up hours in bed and mostly asleep. But, as days progress, I spent my days being awake more and more often. And I started to feel that my mental and physical health are improving exponentially. My mobility has returned and I was recalling people and events in my life.
I was missing for a long time and I was beginning to feel that I am alive again. My daily pain has significantly reduced and I had completely stopped my very frequent consumption of pain killers.
Other than Sue and Debbie, no body had any idea what I had been going through. I was in a trough and languishing. But have now come alive!
No comments:
Post a Comment