Sunday, 26 October 2025

A Letter of Thanksgiving



Dear Family of St Hilda’s Church, Vicar Martin, and Pastor Amy,


As I lie here in my bed at home after eleven challenging days in hospital, my heart overflows with gratitude that I must express in words.


First and foremost, I give praise and thanks to God for His mercy and faithfulness. While living with a transplanted liver and damaged kidney, I have learned to lean heavily on His grace. During my recent medical crisis, when all my test results had gone awry, I felt His presence sustaining me. The improvement shown through my treatment and new medications is nothing short of His healing hand at work. “The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me” (Psalm 28:7) – these words have never felt more true.


To my dear church family at St. Hilda’s, your prayers have been a lifeline. Throughout the eleven days of emergency treatment, I felt lifted up by your prayers. Knowing that you were standing with me gave me courage when my body was weak. Thank you.


To Vicar Martin, your prayers for my recovery have meant more than words can express. Your spiritual leadership and care for my soul, especially during my medical crisis have been a tremendous blessing. Thank you for shepherding me with such compassion.


To Pastor Amy, I am deeply moved by your visit to my hospital bed to pray for me personally. In that vulnerable moment, when I was undergoing treatment and uncertainty, you brought the peace of Christ’s presence into my room. Your presence, to me was a profound comfort, and I will never forget your coming to pray for me when I needed it most.


The beautiful fruit-flower arrangement you sent speaks of life, hope, and beauty – It is now a daily reminder of your love and God’s goodness.



Though my journey continues, I know that I am surrounded by God’s love expressed through all of you. May His Shalom peace be upon you as it has been upon me, and may He bless you abundantly for the blessing you have been to me.


With deepest gratitude,

Ding Ting Hock 


“Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.” (Psalm 107:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment