Tuesday, 28 October 2025

Thank You Dr Terrence Tan, Dr George Goh, and the Liver Team


Dear Dr. Terrence Tan, Dr. George Goh, and the Liver Team,

I hope this letter finds both of you and your team of doctors and staff well. I'm writing to express my sincere gratitude for the exceptional care I received during a particularly challenging time. I especially feel a pang of regret for not having taken Dr. Terrence's advice to come in on 13 October, when my condition worsened, resulting in a day's delay for my treatment.

From the moment I reported at the A&E on the late evening of 14 October, Dr. Terrence, your presence was a constant source of reassurance. Seeing you every morning at 9 am, leading the liver team, gave me a sense of stability and confidence that I desperately needed. I truly appreciate the thoroughness with which you approached my case, from the ultrasound on 15 October to rule out liver connection issues to the scan results on 16 October and all those blood tests! I also want to thank you for arranging the biopsy so quickly on 16 October and having my liver samples sent to the investigation team on the same evening to ensure that the outcome of the biopsy results be expedited by 17 October. This level of dedication is truly above and beyond, and it meant everything to me. Thanks to your swift action, my treatment started as soon as possible. You show that you are clearly in charge right from the start on 13 October. I knew I was in good hands when I saw how competent, conscientious, and tenacious you were in your approach to my "liver rejection".

To Dr George Goh - I met you for the first time together with the liver team on 20 October. Thank you for your prompt and timely intervention on 20 October (Monday) when you noticed that my kidney creatinine level climbed from 99 to 127. The high creatinine level suggests that my kidney function is deteriorating very quickly. You reviewed my kidney issues by immediately putting me on a 24-hour plasma drip to address my hydration issue. For the next 2 days, while the new medications had brought my liver out of the woods, my creatinine level continued to climb up to 131 and 145 respectively. You decisively adjusted my Batrium and then my Acyclovir in the next 2 days in a cool, calm, and collected manner. By 23 October, my creatinine level came tumbling down to 124 with my liver continuing to improve. I am grateful for your competent, professional, and decisive actions. You throw my anxiety out of the windows with your “calm under resolute” approach. Thank you.

To the liver team - Dr Ong, Dr Stephanie, Dr Tan, Beverly, Jessie, Gaya, and Rocky - Your dedication, expertise, and genuine care have made an enormous difference in my challenging journey. While this paragraph may be short, it carries with it my most profound gratefulness for everything you've done. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.


With warmest regards,

Ding Ting Hock 



No comments:

Post a Comment